This is similar to Pad Thai but has a peanut tasting sauce instead of Tamarine. You can use Tofu or peanuts for protein. Sometimes I use both. Works best in temperatures above 20ºF.
- Sautéd tofu (2–3 oz., optional)
- Small carrot
- Red onion (or 1 spring onion)
- One third Bell pepper
- Rice noodles (2–4 oz, thin type)
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil (or Olive oil)
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili oil
Prepare at home
- Slice and Sauté tofu (2–3 minutes each side).
- Chop small carrot, bell pepper, and onion into long thin pieces.
- Make sauce: Combine Tahini, Soy sauce, and Chili oil.
Directions at camp
- Boil rice noodles (2 minute).
- Add in vegetables and tofu to noodles and continue boiling for 2–3 minutes (or divide times similarly based on cook time for type of noodle selected)
- Drain water from noodles and vegetables (can be used as a soup)
- Pour sauce on top
- Add crushed roasted peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro.